Friday, March 22, 2013

The Back Stretch

Man, time flies! It has been 15 days since I launched my Kickstarter campaign, which leaves 15 days more for me to meet my goal. I'm 32% funded now, which is not bad, but Kickstarter funding is all or nothing: I've got to get the full amount, or none. I'm in the dreaded "lull" period now, which everyone warned me about, and it's making me crazy, which everyone also warned me about.
I know this can get done. If every visitor to this blog  pledged just one dollar, funding would be complete in less than a week. If every visitor pledged $5, I'd be done in a day and a half.

Since I already sound like the pledge drive, I might as well go full PBS and tell you about the Reward levels:
  • Backers at the $5 level will receive a porcelain pendant necklace on a leather cord. This is a $15 item!
  • Backers at the $10 level will receive a thank you card based on an original design sketch, and your name on the Many Thanks page of my website.  
  • A $25 pledge pre-orders a teabowl from the test firings, as well as a thank you card made from an original design sketch, your name on the Many Thanks page of my website.
  • A $50 pledge gets backers a thank you card based on an original design sketch, your name on the Many Thanks page of my website, and a mug in one of the new designs.
  • For $100, backers get  an original watercolor design sketch, matted and ready for framing; your name on the Many Thanks page of my website; a mug in one of the new designs; and a personalized thank you card.
  •  A $500 pledge(just throwin' it out there!) pre-orders a cake stand complete with cheesecake made by me, frozen and shipped to you, and also the thank you card and website mention.

There are more but I'll leave off for now.

I also want to thank the many helpful readers who have directed me to resources which will help me in my quest to re-formulate my glazes for ^6 reduction soda. I know I can do this and I appreciate your help. It's going to take a bunch of test firings, out of which there will be very little salable ware, which is why I am looking to crowdfund this effort.

As you know, I'll be sharing everything I learn here. And I wasn't being a wise guy: a pledge of a single dollar will make a difference. Seriously, thanks for any help you can give.
The campaign will be active until April 6th.

1 comment:

smartcat said...

Go for it! Crowd funding and Kickstarter are great inventions.