Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Good News for Tour-ists

Have I mentioned the Maine Pottery Tour is this weekend? Oh. Have I mentioned you can register to win a hand-painted, thrown & altered vase here at Fine Mess Pottery? Oh. Well, have I mentioned that you can get 10% off your meal at the Quarry Taproom if you show them your pottery tour map or postcard? Oh! Well, you can.

The Quarry is my current fave Maine pub, though I admit that is an every-changing preference. ( I love pubs! I try to find a good old-fashioned pub in every city I visit.) They have 30 beers on tap, y'all! Count 'em; thirty! It's also just a couple of miles downriver from me here in Augusta, and practically right across the street from Hallowell Clay Works, another stop on the tour. If you visit a studio on the tour be sure and ask for a flyer or a postcard, and stop in at the Quarry for lunch. You can download a printable version of the map at this link (Central), or this one (Coastal), or this one (Southern.)

In other tour-related news, I am glazing today & tomorrow, firing Friday, and unloading at 11 on Sunday. You can get your new pots fresh out of the kiln!

Hoping to see you this weekend!

No comments: