Sunday, January 1, 2023

I'm Ready: 23 for 2023

23 for 2023

  1. Catchphrase: Try Harder
  2. Learn to use my air fryer. For real, not just fish sticks.
  3. Clean my car regularly. Started this today! I'm a tidy person...except my car. It's gross. 
  4. Stationary bike 5 miles/day
  5. One social thing/month. For introverted me, this has to be intentional. 
  6. Rebuild art fair display. Not looking forward to this! But it has to happen. Maybe it'll be fun...?
  7. Take time regularly to really appreciate the abundance of love, comfort, and beauty my life has been blessed with. Truly, I used to know I was the luckiest person in the world. I am no less blessed now; more so. I just don't notice it as much. 
  8. 10+ hours in the studio each week - actual making tasks (as opposed to kiln maintenance, admin, cleaning)
  9. Back to blogging! Blogs have fallen out of fashion; I'm pretty sure no one is reading this, or, like, less than 10 people. (I no longer have a stat counter, so, who knows, it could be a million. But I think 10 is more likely.) In a way this is freeing! I don't have to worry that I am being boring or sloppy. It's a place to put my thoughts, like it was in the beginning. If you are out there, thanks for reading & I love you! I hope you aren't bored. :)
    Anyway, one blog post a week, average.
  10. 5 Postcards to voters/month. Maybe I can do better than this - sometimes, anyway - but trying not to be unrealistic or overload myself.
  11. The year of the dishwasher! I think this will claw back about 3 hours a week for me
  12. Learn to use instagram to sell 
  13. Utilize social media better generally for promotion & audience building
  14. 5 new outlets - preferably wholesale, but well-established, local consignment is good, too
  15. Stay hydrated! The 8-glasses-a-day thing turns out to be bullshit, but still, staying hydrated is a good thing. Let's say 40 ounces a day, min. 
  16. Do better about birthdays (2 of them, anyway.). I suck at birthdays, not entirely by accident. I know I am forgetful & I know I have a lot to remember, so at some point I made a decision that I had to let go of something. Better, I decided, to control what I forget, than just start dropping balls. I sort of decided that, since I don't really care about my own birthday, it would be ok to not try to remember other people's birthdays. Just clearing something from my plate so I don't forget crucial things. I still feel that way, but 2 of my nephews are kids, & I am going to remember their birthdays this year. 
  17. Explore an idea I have: making clay videos for Patreon. 
  18. Kayak the Nonesuch River, through the Scarborough Marsh
  19. Get back to Acadia! It's a couple-three hours away but so much to see & do. I hate that I haven't been there since 2019. 
  20. A purge! I have a lot of stuff. Don't we all? More comes in the door every day. I need to get rid of some of it, & create some sort of habit or process to do that regularly. 
  21. Related: clear up two massive clutter sites, my desk & the tool closet
  22. Related: create attic storage area
  23. Spend more time with Doug
A lot of this list seems a little, idk, grim, I guess. Work more! Work harder! I think that's because my personal pendulum has swung to far in the direction of recreation: Hiking, biking, kayaking, binge-watching, book-reading, & cat-cuddling. I don't need nudges to do easy, laidback stuff - I do plenty of that without prompting. I want to see if I can get back to being a go-getter! I am prepared for the possibility that I am just not that person any more. If I don't end up doing these things, or I do them & I am less fulfilled in my life rather than more, I will have learned something about myself. 

Happy New Year, everyone! Hope your is everything joyful. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this, thanks!!

smartcat said...

Good list! I can relate.
now thinking about my own list. Blog More! is definitely near the top. I too miss the days of long posts and the interaction they gave rise to.