Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pots from the Firing!









These mugs are available here
Despite its frustrating start, I was very pleased with the results of the firing. I did see some effect of having to abort and restart: there were a couple of tension fractures where I would not have expected to see them, unfortunately on two of the bigger pieces. Still functional, but, ya know....

Still, not complaining! Good body color, a lot of nice movement in the glazes. Now comes the sorting, pricing, packing, and delivery.

6 comments:

Tracey Broome said...

Very interesting pieces, they have a lot of personality. I just want to lick those cups in the last shot, beautiful juicy color!!! Now to repeat this outcome you just have to wait for the next hurricane to blow through haha!

June Perry said...

I think you great results - nice soda deposit, great color and some very nice forms. Love the animation in the forms, and the colors are great. Would love to have that mug on the left!

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh the lingerie baskets are so nice...and I love your combo of soda firing with slip trailing and glaze detailing. They are really great! I now just have to rob a bank and buy them ALL!

Linda Starr said...

Super results, love the animated forms, my favorite is the top one.

Lori Buff said...

You should be happy with the results, they look great. I like the ones that look like they are dancing.

smastca said...

The last couple of ones brought to mind the dancing dinner ware from Beauty and the Beast.
Beautiful!