Saturday, October 20, 2012

Holding Out for Amazing

Got most of my list done, and now I am just waiting for the cones to fall. This is that rare firing that I am excited about every single piece in it; Tuesday can hardly come fast enough for me.
I have the oval platters I made with the texture roller in there; the soup tureens; the mugs with my new glazing scheme; some fun striped salt & pepper shakers, an order of cat urns, and one of plates, as well as various mugs, bowls, and butter dishes.

The last hour of the firing - the one between nine-going and eleven-soft - is difficult for me, because I am tired and I want to be done. I know that if I turn it off now, things will be fine. All my glazes will flux at nine, and be fine. But if I want to get anything amazing out of this load, I have to hold on until I see eleven start to go.

Hold out for amazing, I always say.

3 comments:

DirtKicker Pottery said...

Love those flames in the night. Can't wait to see your results.

June Perry said...

Looking forward to seeing the results. I remember those long firings and how hard those last few hours of spraying soda were.

Debbie said...

"Hold out for amazing" seems to be good advice for a lot of matters in life, even the practical ones.