Saturday, June 11, 2011

Pesky Muse



I have an order due July 1st; today is the last day I can throw for the bisque that will contain that order. I should be making items that I can create in volume, in order to fill the kiln: bowls, mugs, tumblers. But did I? Nooooo. No, today nothing would do but I make fussy, detailed dessert pieces: banana boats, parfait cups, mudslide plates, cake stands. What's with the dessert focus lately? Maybe because I am nominally dieting.

Anyway, I got this idea that I ought to work up a themed show: Sweet Life. I can think of three galleries who might bite (heh). Maybe partner with a painter who uses food imagery. So, I take it back. The muse isn't so bad. Her timing sucks, but what would we do without her?

3 comments:

Linda Starr said...

That's a great handle; I'm the same way, I can only make what I want when I want, no matter what I think I "should" be making. Ha.

Unknown said...

I love the Sweet Life theme- take is all the way!! Your pots look lovely- it's a good muse for you :)
(spoken from someone who had ice cream for dinner last night!)...

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Yep, the muse has her own timing! Love the "Sweet Life" series and upcoming show! :)