Friday, October 24, 2008

This Weekend in the Studio

To Do List:

  • Pack & ship pots
  • Throw replacement wedding platter
  • Put handles on mugs 
  • Load bisque
  • Photograph mugs for J. Reed
  • Pick up pots at KRA
  • Bring pots to Wyler

I got off to a slow start this morning, as I woke up to a freezing cold house. Some crucial part of the furnace had given up the ghost overnight. It was far too cold to work in the studio, so I huddled in our office with the only space heater, writing an entry in my other blog.  When that was done, I vacuumed, made beds, and generally picked up the house, keeping moving to stay warm. I couldn't leave, because I was waiting for the furnace guy to come and charge me $250. 

Even without a heating crisis, I have a bad habit of putting household tasks before my studio work. I'm not Felix Unger, but I feel guilty if I am potting away when the carpets need vacuumed or there are dishes in the sink. My hubby has no such compunctions, so why do I?

No comments: