Friday, January 2, 2015

Goal Setting 2015: Prospero Año y Felicidad

As you may know, I like New Year's resolutions. I know it's not fashionable, but my thinking is, if I resolve to go to the gym three times a week, and only keep it up through February, that's still more gym visits than if I had never made the resolution, so it's a no-lose.

This year, though...I sort of feel like, I'm already doing the best I can. I could resolve to go to the gym three times a week, but I can't magically create three more hours in each week. It would necessarily mean I'd spend less time doing something else, and the balance is already pretty precarious. So this year, I'm tempted to just resolve to keep on keepin' on.


I do have some goals, though:
  • I'd like to gain a couple of accounts, and will probably have to say goodbye to one. I'm learning to be selective: it's a not a straight more-is-better equation.  
  • Every year I am tempted to rebuild my art fair display, and every year I find I don't have the cash available. I'm not ruling it out, but this year I am setting a more doable goal in the form of a portable display cart that I can bring to First Friday and other outdoor events. Bonus points if it can double for soap!
  • I didn't get my bike out once last summer, and I greatly missed it. I hope that I can keep on keepin' on without sacrificing the things I love to do. 
Can't work today, because though I bought clay on Wednesday, my car broke down on the way home. Timing belt, wouldn'tcha just know it. The car & clay are still at the shop...making some peppermint soap in the meantime.

3 comments:

smartcat said...

Ouch on the timing belt! Toes crossed that this is the worst that will happen in 2015 and it will be all gravy from now on!
Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Awww! That could be rather burdensome. The least we can do to avoid those car breakdowns, the better, right? However, you should the new year as a good time to examine the merits and the possibilities that your car has, as well as the many things you can still do with it besides repair and driving. All the best!

Mario Newman @ Charity Car Donations

Lori Watts said...

Sounding a little spammy, there, Mario.