I know this can get done. If every visitor to this blog pledged just one dollar, funding would be complete in less than a week. If every visitor pledged $5, I'd be done in a day and a half.
Since I already sound like the pledge drive, I might as well go full PBS and tell you about the Reward levels:
- Backers at the $5 level will receive a porcelain pendant necklace on a leather cord. This is a $15 item!
- Backers at the $10 level will receive a thank you card based on an original design sketch, and your name on the Many Thanks page of my website.
- A $25 pledge pre-orders a teabowl from the test firings, as well as a thank you card made from an original design sketch, your name on the Many Thanks page of my website.
- A $50 pledge gets backers a thank you card based on an original design sketch, your name on the Many Thanks page of my website, and a mug in one of the new designs.
- For $100, backers get an original watercolor design sketch, matted and ready for framing; your name on the Many Thanks page of my website; a mug in one of the new designs; and a personalized thank you card.
- A $500 pledge(just throwin' it out there!) pre-orders a cake stand complete with cheesecake made by me, frozen and shipped to you, and also the thank you card and website mention.
I also want to thank the many helpful readers who have directed me to resources which will help me in my quest to re-formulate my glazes for ^6 reduction soda. I know I can do this and I appreciate your help. It's going to take a bunch of test firings, out of which there will be very little salable ware, which is why I am looking to crowdfund this effort.
As you know, I'll be sharing everything I learn here. And I wasn't being a wise guy: a pledge of a single dollar will make a difference. Seriously, thanks for any help you can give.
The campaign will be active until April 6th.