Sunday, June 29, 2014

New Design Inspirations

A friend lent me a really amazing book, and since it's been a busy week I only now got around to really perusing it. It's called Textile Designs: 200 Years of European and American Patterns for Printed...blah, blah, blah. It's a really long title. 

So many patterns! So many ideas!















In fact, there were TOO many to show you! Blogger kept crashing. Any of these will obviously need to be simplified to use as a slip-trailed or glaze-embedded design. When I do my sketches, I do them with a blunt marker, to try and approximate the clumsiness - relative to a pen or pencil - of a slip trailing bottle.Here's what I've got so far:





Luckily - though not coincidentally luckily - I've got a bunch of plates just at leatherhard, right now! Here's the first one:


2 comments:

Linda Starr said...

I've always found fabric patterns particularly inspiring especially mid century modern ones.

Jen said...

These are great, Lori! I love the Lilies of the Valley.