Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow

Yesterday, like most Mondays, was a teaching day for me. I leave the house around 8 am, loaded down with whatever tools and materials I need to teach my handbuilding and beginning throwing classes, and don't return until around 10 o'clock at night. Not a lot gets done in the studio on Mondays! Yesterday was Week 8 of an 8-week class cycle, so we covered wax and latex resist, and glaze trailing. I also shipped out some work sold online.

Today is Tuesday, also a teaching day, for half of it at least. The morning is mine, and I am using it to clean the studio and put away packing materials and in general prepare the studio to begin the making cycle again tomorrow. I also need to pack up some pots for an appointment I have with a gallery on Friday.

And tomorrow? Tomorrow is a throwing day! Feels like forever since I had one. The firing is done, the pots will all be ground and priced and sorted to their various destinations, and it's time to start anew. (Although - oops! haven't ground the kiln shelves. Maybe I'll work that in in the afternoon...)

Speaking of grinding kiln shelves, did I tell you I bought an angle grinder? Shelf clean up is SO much less dreary. I got a diamond cup for it - the regular wheels just dissolve when faced with silicon carbide. The grinder I bought on Ebay for $39, the diamond cup I had to get a Home Depot. The whole deal was only about $85, and I can tell you it has already saved me $85 worth of aggravation.


2 comments:

Stephen said...

haven't heard anything about the kickstarter project, how is that going? Are the cone 6 formulas work out?

Lori Watts said...

Finished the project, created the glazebook:
http://www.finemesspottery.com/GlazeNotebookPage.html
You can read all about it if you click the "Kickstarter" link in the labels column on the right hand side.