Thursday, April 18, 2013

Freedom Through Clay

Shawna at her slab roller
We all say we support the troops, right? However we may feel about the wars, all Americans of good heart want our troops to come home safely, to live well and have productive civilian lives. This goes double for disabled veterans, who have given so much for our country.

With that in mind, I want to call your attention to a young lady I met online during my Kickstarter promotion. Shawna Mayo is a disabled vet turned potter from Fort Kent, Maine. Clay is helping her to heal, both mentally and physically. Due to her physical limitations, Shawna needs a de-airing pug mill to be more independent as a ceramic artist. I am supporting this project, and helping to get the word out, as a small but tangible way of walking the walk of supporting the troops.You can read more about Shawna's project here.

1 comment:

2justByou said...

This is awesome. It's the second blog post I've seen about Shawna, and I'm glad to see that so much money has been raised already. =0)
~Kim
visiting from Blogging Buddies