Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Yet Another Snow Day


See the blue blob, in the upper right? Augusta is right in the middle of the deepest, bluest part right now. And what am I doing? Unloading the bisque kiln! Well, after I shovel it out. Again.

Oh, yeah, there are other things I could be doing. I brought some high-grolleg porcelain home from Portland Pottery, because I got a bit of a yearning to make perfume bottles. But I am anxious to start waxing and glazing -- to get this next soda firing on the road! My eagerness is in part due to how very well the bisque fire went -- shot right up like a rocket. 08 was down six hours from when I finished the candle and started firing in earnest. And, also, I will need to shovel it sometime. Waiting until spring is really not an option. 

No comments: