Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Lisa Orr on Ceramic Arts Daily

I'm sure many of you subscribe to Ceramic Arts Daily, and if so you know how they just deluge your inbox with videos, book suggestions, and I-don't-know-what-else. It's really out of hand, so I just have them go to a separate folder; otherwise they will fill up my inbox and maybe cause me to miss important emails. As a result, I have a folder with hundreds of emails from them, that I almost never open. Hint, CAD: send a few less and people might actually see them!
It's churlish to complain, though, when much of the content is so valuable. You can't possibly watch all the videos - or anyway I can't - but I have a little time now that my classes are on their December break so I am watching a few this morning. This one is really cool:
I was doing something like this with porcelain slip on paper, to make snowflake Christmas ornaments (yeah-yeah, ornaments: so sue me); but I never thought to use them to build with, or to slip both sides. So clever! As I was typing this it occurred to me that they would make good sprigs also. I'm off to deliver pots this morning; but when I get back I need to make pots, so I can try this.

2 comments:

Sue Pariseau Pottery said...

Just watch this same video on Sunday as well. Really interesting technique that can be adapted to several other uses. Enjoy.

ShellHawk said...

I always think, "Ooh! I gotta watch that!" But then, I get distracted and seldom do!

One thing I DO watch over and over is handle techniques.

And have you ever notice how cruddy their search is? I look for an article with the actual word-for-word title, and I STILL can't find the darn thing!

But overall, LOVE the videos I see!