Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Herd of Teapots!


These are thrown as closed forms, then the lids are cut out. I attach a flattened coil on the underside of the lid to prevent it sliding around when the pot is in use.

Not that I expect these to get a lot of use. They are perfectly functional, except one which has an opening a bit small for a teabag; and the spouts should pour like ya see inna pictures. Once they are fired, though, they will be one- or two cuppers. But what do I know? Maybe people use teapots for a single cup of tea.

I had a great time making this lot, but I might be all teapotted-out until next year.

2 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

These are very sweet little tea pots. Can't wait to see how they look glazed.

Sue Pariseau Pottery said...

These look very cool and will look great fired in the soda kiln.