Saturday, January 17, 2009

So, Etsy


I started posting items in my Esty shop at the beginning of the year, as part of my effort to find new venues to show and sell my work, itself part of a larger effort to spend more time making pots. So far I am distinctly underwhelmed by the response! I didn't expect a mad rush but I thought I might have a sale, say, every week or two. So far, nothing. Nada. So, is it just January or (my default assumption) am I doing something wrong? 

I did click around to many potters' Etsy shops, for fun, of course, but also to see if anybody actually is selling anything, as that information is available for each seller, and the answer is, almost everyone has had some sales, even people who only recently opened. So, what's the secret? Any ideas?

Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails