Sunday, October 13, 2024

By the Hum of the Burners


I loaded the glaze kiln last night, placing the last cone pack around 9 pm. The firing is humming along; the kiln was in reduction by 9 am. 
I always think I am going to get so much done during the firing! Today my list looks like this:
  • Taxes! I got an extension to file my taxes, because April 15th landed right in the middle of the most intense part of planning the pottery tour. I had all summer to do em but, well, you know...
  • Clean studio & set up for making. Yeah, this one is not going to happen.
  • Harvest herb garden & start processing. Probably not this one, either.
  • Clean turtle tank! My little guy, Red, is inside until spring now. He deserves clean water. I already did this one. 
Looking at that list, I guess I better get going - especially item #1, since today is the last day I will have a chance to do it! Here are a couple more shots from the kiln. Soda spray is maybe 2 hours out.  



 

No comments: