It was an unusually fast firing today - body reduction by 9:30 am, everybody down by 4 pm. This might be because I did a very thorough clearing out of the burner channels, or perhaps because this firing was stacked rather loosely, as per my last learning experience - a lovely one, for a change! Or maybe it's the atmospheric conditions, I keep hearing they can affect firings, but haven't observed a consistent effect; not in this kiln, at least.
It's miserably hot here in Maine today, though I am in the shade on the deck, with the comfort of a cold brew. (Tuckerman's Pale Ale, out of Conway, NH, if you're interested.)
It only took an order to bounce me out of my ennui; once I had a deadline I got moving, quick-quick like mongoose. I also notice I now have enough bisqueware piled up that I can fire again right away. More ware fits in the bisque firing than the glaze, so every once in awhile I have enough to fire two glaze kilns in short interval.
But that's not today. Today my hard work is done, and I have a silly project to work on: I'm designing a t-shirt, and you can help!
I need a good clear image of melting or melted cones - ideally three, with one still standing, with a relatively clean background. If you have one that might work, send it to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org . If I use your photo, I'll give you a free t-shirt!
In the meantime I am doing a google image search but so far the options aren't great. Perhaps another beer would assist my creative process...
Dan and I are moving in together!
12 hours ago